January 11, 2007

To My Mother

Thank you for showing me that it is healthy to keep a warm, cozy home. For showing me that it is o.k. to want to sew, knit, and bake. That I can do anything I want to do in life, yet keeping a home filled with comfort (whether it be food, wine, homemade blankets/clothes) can be my choice too.
Thank you for giving me recipes that remind me of you. For creating memories for us from smells and sounds and peaceful moments.
You are a founding member of the 'slow' movement.
A true hippie. I understand now more than ever what you started out wanting to create for us. (p.s. politics aside.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm a terrible son.

Mom, I like you too.

"Me" (mouthed "silently") said...

I slink away in humility for not having thought of this first...

(p.s. stop sucking up, you already got your spice rack)

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Thank you so much - I am truly touched.

Mom