September 12, 2006


F's school drop-off did not go well again today. It involved clinging and crying and begging. But eventually he did go. From my peripheral vision I saw wrestling, but I high-tailed it out of there.

So before supper we had a discussion w/ all 3 boys about the necessity of attending school without giving me a knot in my stomach. (after all - it is all about me) So then I talked to Finn about how he went to school nicely today (I figured I would focus on the positive ie. he didn't run out of the school and all the way home).

So he said "no I didn't". To which I responded "the teacher told me you were fine once you were inside". And he said, with a shadow of guilt on his face "but I hit the teacher".

Nice. Visions of the teacher slapped across the face dancing in my head. Turns out he hit her in the shoulder as she was pinning him to the ground like an alligator.

F-wild man of Ottawa. Refusing to be educated.

3 comments:

"Me" (mouthed "silently") said...

But he's so cute!

By the way, calling him "F" only works if you haven't already referred to him as "Finn" in the same post.

By the way, Kevin would be proud of Finn's Kindergarten capers. A man after his own heart.

"Me" (mouthed "silently") said...

By the way, should we have steak tonight?

Col said...

Exactly why I shouldn't blog after two 'drinks'. This morning I was woken up with Finn saying "I don't want to go to school". 1st thing out of his mouth. Going to be another fun day!