September 10, 2006

I found this list that I wrote 2 years ago....

Top 10 Reasons Why I Stay Home with My Kids

1) Out of the 12 hours they are awake daily, 9 hours are not spent in daycare but with me.

2) I am aware of all their "firsts" and can then tell my husband myself.

3) They know Mommy is always around in case they need a hug and kiss.

4) They can eat or sleep when they want, not only a the "slotted" time.

5) They can play with their own toys and just have to fight with their brothers over them. Not other children.

6) They learn morals and values by our example, so we can only blame ourselves in 10 years!

7) They get a true representation of how family once was. No guilt spoiling because I was at work all day. Quantity time and quality time. Not just power playing and creating needy children.

8) My children can sleep in, instead of being woken up for their 'job'.

9) They get a true summer vacation of lolling about their home.

10) They get a cosy, messy, chaotic loving home.

And I will now add # 11) They get yelled at only by their mother during the day. And often.

2 comments:

"Me" (mouthed "silently") said...

I can't comment because I'm too wracked with guilt at being a working mom. Sigh.

Col said...

I'm talking young children, helllooo. I'm outta here as soon as possible!!