March 10, 2011

It's a snow day!

I LOVE having my kids home when I'm not supposed to. Makes me nostalgic for when they were young and needed me constantly. That feeling will pass by about 2 o'clock.

Right now I'm making cookies, not because I'm a suzie-homemaker but out of necessity. They eat a lot. Finn just ate a huge spoon of cookie dough ~ I wonder how long it will take to see the sugar kick in.

*2 minutes*

This past week I've been:

Spending lots of time at the rink, cheering on the boys. Finn's last game on Tuesday involved him hitting the boards and the trainer running out to check on him. What fun. Not. He ended up recovering after sitting off for a bit and scored a goal (doesn't happen too often) to tie up the game. Mike was so happy for him, I wish I could have his reaction on videotape.

Spending lots of time thinking about and working on Handmade Harvest. (As has Emily. Not sure how she does it, what with a 2 year old & newborn!) We've got an amazing group of vendors once again and we want to promote the show as much as possible.

Finding a great piece of retro furniture (60's?) for the dining room. I LOVE it and had a need for it. Unfortunately I have 4 males and a jack russell in the house which means there are tennis balls rolling around my house at all times. Let's just say I lost it when one bounced off the glass of the new buffet.

Finding amazing inspiration on-line = very few magazine purchases. (my contribution to the environment?)

Watching a fab episode of Glee that then became extremely uncomfortable because I wasn't watching it alone. As in my teenager was watching with me. The theme of the episode was sex. (insert 'come on' as said by one of the cougar town guys. washisface.)

Watching my oldest son push through his worries and decide to do new things he doesn't feel comfortable with. Like this. And this. And get his grad photos taken. He hates getting school photos taken. (Of course, once I started looking into him getting a ski lesson he backed down. But there's a chance I'll get him to do it!)

Hoping that I can get through another wintry week without losing my sanity. Please let spring come soon!

No comments: