June 10, 2010

Oh, I just got a huge lump in my throat thinking about my kids in kindie. If I was to ever teach, it would be kindie kids. I love them, I do. Such a wonderful age, all vulnerable from being cozy with Mummy for 4 years, quirky because they don't know to be self-conscious yet, vulnerable, and sometimes stubborn. But such wonderful little beings, these ones.

My boys had an amazing kindergarten teacher in Ottawa in our small community school, Mrs. Briggs. I volunteered in all three boys classes when they were with her. It' where I learned her morning song, which I still sing to the boys when I wake them up much to their chagrin. (Mom, stooppppp). She was so great at picking up on every child's unique abilities. She was so calm. And when she asked them to sit down, she would ask them to sit on their bottoms. How classy. To top it off, she dressed fun. Fun, funky, and colourful!

Thinking back to that time in our lives where I was overwhelmed, exhausted, stretched thin, I loved every minute of it. We had such cute routines, the bookmobile, the park..so healthy and well rounded we were. So, so cozy.

How do you keep that feeling as the kids get older? I really don't know. Will I look back at this time in our lives in 10 years & think the same thing. I hope so.

For now, I need to remind myself to be in the moment and enjoy scenes like this:


No comments: