June 15, 2011

Reasons I Feel Old Today:

1) Is it just me, or is most of the new music out there about sex and partying? When I was a kid (here it goes..) music was about love, relationships, lost love, pining for someone. You get the picture. Now it's downright all about sex. And getting drunk. How am I supposed to listen to the radio with my kids?

Prime example: Lazy Song by Bruno Mars. It's a great song, kind of along the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" line BUT he has to add a line in about 'meet a really nice girl, have some really nice sex'.

2) I dropped my oldest son off at the school today for the three day grade 8 graduation trip. 3 Days!! Mixed trip. When I was a kid I never would have been allowed to go on a 'mixed' trip. Even in grade 8 when I was all innocent. Just sayin'. Plus he's going to HIGH SCHOOL next year? That can't be possible.

3) My face. A very good reason to feel old.

4) My midsection.

5) Suddenly all the cliches I heard when I was young - make sense!
  • 'Youth is wasted on the young'
  • 'Your metabolism halts at 40' (is that a cliche? whatever)
  • 'Your babies grow up so fast'
There are more cliches but remember I'm old so I can't access them right now.

6) I'm starting to like country music because it's relaxing.

7) I've been married 15 years today.

8) I'm thinking of putting these pictures as my FB profile picture. They are from high school and university. {I stole them from my husband's wallet. He's yet to notice. How do I analyze that?}



**the facebook profile picture thing? that's a whole other post. but first I have to get my hairdryer out for a windswept look, hold my hand under my chin and pose in front of an exotic backdrop for my next profile pic:0

No comments: